Audit enrollment is non-credit bearing and is used by students who want to take a class for information, not to count toward a degree. Students enrolling as an auditor must meet guidelines as outlined below:
- Enrollment as an auditor is permitted in all courses, subject to the approval of the instructor(s) and the dean of the college in which the course(s) is offered.
- Initial enrollment as an auditor must be completed by the last day permitted for late enrollment for credit in any semester or term.
- Enrollment as an auditor is indicated with an “AU” or “W” grade on the student’s permanent academic record and no credit/clock hour value is designated.
- A change of enrollment from audit to credit may be made, provided the change is made no later than the end of the second week of classes in a regular semester or the first week of classes in a summer term with the instructor and college dean approval.
- A change of enrollment from credit to audit may be made during the first 10 weeks of classes in a semester or five (5) weeks of classes in a summer term, provided the student is passing in the course at the time the change is processed, and provided the student has received approval from the instructor. A change of enrollment processed during the first 10 weeks of a semester or five (5) weeks of a summer term requires a report of progress from the student’s instructor. A change of enrollment to audit supersedes the original enrollment for credit, and no withdrawal from the credit enrollment is posted on the student’s academic record.
- Fee charges and refund policies for audit enrollments are the same as for credit enrollments. A student enrolled “exclusively” as an auditor may withdraw only during the fee refund period and the enrollment will be cancelled. No entry will be made on the permanent academic record.